Friday, April 1, 2011

Pittston Farm

  I have been working on a 200 year old farm in Pittston and yesterday I spent my lunch break MDing around one of the old barns. Found about ten old plow tines and this great little brass ring, possibly from a door knocker. Also found a heavily tortured wheat penny dating to the teens. It is turning out to be a year of wheat pennies. I guess I need to go deeper.
  Dan, the owner of the property, gave me a great little history of the area. He said there is a schoolhouse foundation at the end of the drive and multiple cellar holes down the road, including one of a carriage wheel shop, which explains the carriage wheel ring I found earlier this week. He even drew me a little map showing how to get there. Now, if I can just find the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment