Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Silver Ring

  I didn't go out for long yesterday, but I got rained out of work and decided to hit the park for an hour. Momentously, I found my first silver ring, a tiny little bugger, probably a toe ring or a child's ring or the ring of some hapless homunculi or incredibly shrinking woman. Anyway, it is small and I was happy to find it. I never seem to find anything other than costume jewelry and I marvel at these photos of these MDers with boxes of gold and silver rings and wonder what I am doing wrong. Well, not any more. Indeed, as is often stated in the books and forums, the tony ring registered as a pull tab on my machine and I almost didn't dig it. But now I dig it, dig it?


  Also, I found this 1917 Bulgarian 5 Stotinki piece. That was the real excitement of the day. It was deep, about seven inches, and at first I thought it was just a penny. It was much smaller than a penny however and I suspected it might be tiny money dropped by the little people who lost the ring, then I recognized what appeared to be Russian script on the rear. I cleaned it with soapy water at home and did some research online to discover that it was in fact Bulgarian and what is known as a Stotinki. Laura's pencil rubbing of the rear helped me to read the date as 1917. Marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment