Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fool's





  I couldn't believe it, but we got slammed on April 1st by a Nor' Easter that produced about six inches of snow, heavy winds, dangerous roads, and power outages all over the state. Needless to say, I didn't get any MD time in on Friday. However, Saturday morning I went down to Camden Harbor and had a little time before the tide came in. Turned up the usual sack of pennies from the wishing well upstream (see my post from last month about the wishing well), another great old fishing weight to add to my fishing weight collection, some kind of unidentifiable brass thingy with the letters F and S on it (maybe "fast" and "slow" as suggested by my friend Dave Curry), a great old brass faucet (probably from a ship), and a musket ball or bearing or dangerous metal man-marble. I can't wait for unfrozen ground that is not covered in snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment