Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beneath the Water








  Damon and I stopped in town and went into the park, when he noticed that the river that empties into the harbor was dry, which meant the dam was closed. We hopped down into the the dry riverbed that comes out from beneath all the old businesses on main street. I swung the detector for a few minutes, but the quantity of metal jammed the machine pretty badly. It actually exploded in my hands! Then I noticed the pennies lying in the mud and I turned off the machine and just started picking them up. Very quickly I realized there were some wheat pennies mixed in and I looked a little closer. I managed to find one Indian head, which is roughly dated 190(something), 6 wheatbacks, two clay pipe stems, an old spoon, a marble(love finding marbles), a beautiful little perfume bottle stopper, a great large square nail, and some swiveling brass doohicky. Also, a total of 3.25 in dirty money. My fiance is going to strangle me if I don't find some place to store all of this great garbage. Hopefully, she realizes how very much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment