Saturday, March 15, 2014

Uncle Pirate's Treasure

  So, my friends Ginny and Dave told me that Ginny's uncle had given her a tin of old coins that he had found around Camden and surrounding towns over the years. Now, keep in mind that he wasn't metal detecting. I got the impression he was just walking around picking them up. She brought the tin over yesterday and here are a few shots. There are some really interesting coins: an enormous 1828 Italian cent, a lovely 1840 Nova Scotia large cent with the poppy on rear (found one myself on North Haven), interesting carved Canadian large cent, 1865 2 cent (haven't found one yet), 1844 one shilling silver, some nice small silvers, and of course... the damned reale. The reale deale. Piece of eight. Spanish silver. Small piece, but it's a piece. I want it. I wish I had found it. I offered to buy it. I know it's not worth a lot, but it's beautiful. I want to swallow it. Keep it in my stomach for good luck.








No comments:

Post a Comment