Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thaw, Dammit! Thaw!

I am trying to be patient, but I don't ever remember a winter that seemed to drag out like this one is. I mean, we are just days from April and my yard is still covered with four inches of snow. It's ridiculous. I am dying to get out there with my E-trac. I have had a few lunchtime digs on the beach and in the bare spots appearing in the parks this week. Came up with 5 or 6 wheaties, only one of which even had a legible date--1944. A large copper button, what appears to be the cap off of a very small bottle, which says something about an EZ LAB. A tiny bottle of instant dogs, I think. You know, you pour the EZ LAB on a flea and the flea gets dogs and then one of the dogs takes over and outgrows the flea and then you have a Lab, which then gets fleas--it's an endless cycle, really. Also, an interesting little piece, made of lead, I think. I don't know what to make of it, but there are definitely remnants of images on either side, especially the side shown in the pic, which under a magnifying lens, looks remarkably like an old Roman battle axe. Plus, some little doodads and some nice blue seaglass.





No comments:

Post a Comment