Sunday, April 13, 2014

Civil or Civvy?

  As has been the case for years, the thawing of the ground arrives with the busy Spring season and there is hardly time for anything other than running from job to job in a desperate attempt to keep everyone happy. The only chance I seem to get to go hunting is when it's raining or dark. Anyway, my friend Matt Pollis came by on his birthday with his new T2 SE LTD. It was late in the afternoon, but I stopped working and went down to the park with him for a few minutes. I loved the sound of two T2's barking out into the dusk, as if they were communicating with each other like robots. There wasn't much time and I only dug a few signals, but the last one turned out to be a fine gold plated copper Civil War era button with an eagle clutching an anchor. It might be a Civvy button, as the detail and the workmanship is of a little lower quality than other Civil War buttons I have seen and found, but a great find nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment