Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Finds

  I say "weekend", but it was more like "end of last week", as I didn't get out much in the past few days. I hit the usual easy to reach spots like the park, my yard, the jobsite--and none of them for very long, but still managed to come up with a few items of interest.
  Another rusty lock for my rusty lock collection.

  And rusty spoon for that collection of the same name.
  This little belt-buckle was found in Union Commons, but the silver-plated utensil handle and keys were found along with the spoon and lock in my backyard.
  This great little "Castoria" bottle I picked up on North Haven on Saturday, when I was out there rebuilding a stone wall.
  I found this 3" Hubley-Kiddie toy tractor tire in Union. In case you are interested, I did a little research and this is what the original toy looked like (this one has replica tires):
  Also found this heavy 8" piece of something that looks to be a sword-point or more likely a bayonet of some sort. Possibly just a farm implement, but I have never seen anything like it. I am currently carrying it for protection in the wildly unpredictable streets of Camden. So don't mess with me. "I'm carryin' my steel, man."

1 comment: