Friday, March 18, 2011

First Silver Of The Year

  Stopped at a friends farm on the way home yesterday. I got out the detector while he was exchanging St. Patrick's Day greetings and scanned the side yard. I was there for only a few minutes and I dug up a 1964 silver quarter, a 1926 Standing Liberty quarter, a 1906 Indian Head (my second of the year), and a 1911 wheatback penny (a very early year, when you consider they started making them only 2 years earlier in 1909). The farm has been in operation for well-over a hundred years and they graciously said I could come back and hunt whenever I wanted.
  (Also, note the scratches on both the Washington and The IH. Both I believe to be the result of my having over-sharpened my digging trowel. A lesson in digging tools, for sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment