Sunday, March 20, 2011

20 Pence Please

  I was surprised to find this 1982 heptagonal 20 pence piece on that same old farm in Union I have been hunting. I cleaned it off and laughed just as J.J., one of the two brothers who run it, walked over. "What you got?"
  "Well," I said. "You will probably be surprised to know that I just found a 1982 20 pence piece."
  "Actually, I am not surprised at all," he replied. "I can tell you exactly where that coin came from."
  "Please do."
  "You see, my Aunt married a guy from Holland and he was a big world traveler. He was always showin' up with money from all over the place. I bet he dropped that coin right there where you found it."
 
  I often ask homeowners if they have any interest in some the more personal items I find on their property and I did the same with J.J.

  "Now what would I do with that?" he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment