Saturday, February 23, 2013

Look Inside of Books

I actually found these two pieces months ago and just realized that I had never posted them, so here you go, two of the most exciting items I have ever found inside of books. If nothing else, they are definitely reminders to look inside of books. They are, respectively, a 1975 Peruvian Five Soles note and an 1864 Confederate Five Dollar bill, printed in Richmond and hand-signed. The Richmond five is really an amazing piece of history and was incredible to find. I just felt this overwhelming connection to the past the moment I held it in my hand, same as I do every time I find anything that old. The whole experience of finding these things really enriches my life more than I can possibly express. I truly feel like I am blessed with this passion or obsession with treasure hunting that just continues to grow with each passing day. I mean, I am blessed in many ways, from my cats to my home in Maine, my career as a stonemason, my love of books, my health, my friends, and most notably and importantly, my preternaturally beautiful and intelligent fiance, Laura. But that is neither here nor there, as this is a treasure hunting blog and I am talking about finding things. I'll save all the wishy-washy blather about how wonderful my life is for Facebook, where everybody else apparently does it. Meanwhile, I'll show you the money...







No comments:

Post a Comment