Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another Shield

  I found my second shield nickel in the park, though this one was in much worse shape than the last. Some soaking in vinegar revealed the 5 on the one side and the shield on the other. I will never find a date.
  Found this lovely large lady's button at a depth of about ten inches and nearly broke the thing getting it out. It is quite thin and as big as a silver dollar, with this great trademark logo on the rear. Note the "S" above the design.


  Also my ninth Indian head penny of the year... some kind of weird bottle opener... #1 key... half of a large button... Oskar's tag... a '57 wheatie... and a whatchamathingy...
  And then there's Howard...
  I also stopped by a farm last week to find a dropped ring.  I had no luck, but did dig up this interesting buckle...

No comments:

Post a Comment