Saturday, July 4, 2015

What You Don't See

  I was looking at the piles of metal all over my desk and my countertops and my table, and I decided I needed to photograph the stuff and put it away. I usually end up taking pics of my few favorite items and so all the rest of the weird non-trash items and pocket change end up going into jars and boxes and never gets seen. I think you should see it. At least some of it, and this isn't even all of it, but some of it is really beautiful. The brass E was found on the shore, along with other letters and numbers, and probably came off an old boat. There's a magazine with the bullets still inside and a dog taking a dump. I use those old shotgun shell heads to date a potential hunting site, and many of those in the photo date back to the 1800's. The brass belt buckle is colonial era, and the thimble isn't far off. What else? Musket balls, some Civil War insignia on lead, old spoons, knives, jewelry, an antique ASPCA tag from Manhatten, buttons, etc... I'm happy to answer any questions.
















3 comments:

  1. Hi I just started a blog about growing up in Africa. Detecting has been a big part of my life. I've written my first post about detecting in Zimbabwe. I think you may find it interesting. Could you please check it out and let me know what you think?

    http://adventureofrgrowingupinafrica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long is it since you start metal detecting, with so many finds? I like to read treasure hunting stories at kingDetector blog, but I find there are many blogs about metal detecting in the blogger.com, too. thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete